Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Medical Marijuana

There have been a lot of problems related to marijuana in Japan these days. Quite a few celebrities were arrested, and students in prestigious universities were accused of drug traffiking. So legalizing this plant, even as medical use, is unthinkable here. I also cannot believe they are sold casually in some shops and people can get some marijuana easily.

Even so, it is OK to sell its seeds, which are usually processed so as not to let it burgion. We use the seeds for bird feed or spices. However, there's a catch. It's also OK to sell unprocessed seeds. But if you grow them, you get arrested.


I can understand how marijuana helped the musician relieve her pain and how much it changed her life. But I still don't think it's a good idea to see it as one of medical herbs. She said something like, "If it helps people feel good at the end of the day, government cannot judge his or her decision (to use the drug)." But in my opinion, something that could lead the society in the bad direction shoulg not be legalized.

Last week, Anderson was in LA and I love to see Anderson broadcast from the roof top of the building.


2 comments:

Molly said...

Hi Mio! I have to say I'm appalled by people's cavalier attitude towards marijuana use. Where I went to high school on the East coast, the kids who did drugs were complete losers and there's no doubt it my mind at all that marijuana is a "gateway" drug to harder drugs, as well as being damaging on it's own.

mio_bella said...

I thought I left comment to reply to you, Molly, but somehow, it didn't appear! Excuse me for unintentionally 'ignored' you for a long time.

I live in a country side and I never hear any mariuan or drug related news in our community. In the past, we used to have a problem of teen smoking. There are still some moking kids but we are seeing less and less. Smoking is begoming uncool.

I cannot imagine high school students using marijuana. You call them "complete losers," which I think is a nice way to prevent them from using any kinds of drug. If it's uncool, young kids don't want to do that.