Sunday, May 17, 2009

Aung San Suu Kyi


Not only people in "this" country, but I think many people in Japan do not know about the situation in Burma, either. And I'm afraid I am one of them. So it was a good opportunity for me to learn about what's happening to Suu Kyi and in Burma.
It was interesting when the musician, too bad I don't remember name, compared Aung San Suu Kyi with Nelson Mandela. Both of them fought for democracy, which was the very reason they were imprisoned. But they don't hate the people who had done that to them. They hate their surroundings where they are/were obliged to suppress democracy.
Is that really possible for a foreigner to sneak in the country and swim all the way to her? This is such a mystery. Somebody asked him to do so that they can arrest her?
Anderson must be so keen on this issue, he is always just as enthusiastic at any issues though, as Burma is his starting point of his extraordinary career. I also loved it when he played the music of the singer at the end to show his respect.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Welcome back to blogging, Mio! I missed your gorgeous screencaps of Anderson, but I'm glad you are also writing about other issues which are meaningful to you.

mio_bella said...

Thank you, Molly!
I'm so glad again to see a comment from friends here:) I'll try to catch nice screencaps and write a bit about the show.