Sunday, January 25, 2009

I've been doing this!

When was the last time I blogged about 360? Has everyone left this blog?

Anyway, I have been devoted to practicing the piano for the past one month. I am going to join YouTube Symphony project! They distribute a music score for various musical instruments and collect music videos performed by musician all around the world. They will put them together and make one piece of music. Sounds really exciting to me!


Usually, I spend non-working time on 360 related things. Instead, I spent most of my time practicing the piano, or listening to the music so I could memorize. Of course, I have been pretty busy with my real work, too. I didn't think I had enough time for the piano practice and I am not 100% satisfied with my performance, but still this was the best I could do.



Tan Dun: You Tube Symphony "Eroica"



Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 21 "Waldstein"

Why played the piano in kimono? I read that "they need international videos," and thought I should wear traditional clothes. I hope it will cath their eyes. I know my performance is not as good as other pianists, but if they like it, I might be invited to Carnegie Hall!

It was really fortunate that I have a kimono. Japanese girls usually make our own kimono when we reach the age 20. But kimono costs a lot and these days it is getting popular to rent one and just take a picture of ourselves in it. I am really thankful that my parents buy one for me.

I'll show you some photos of me wearing my kimono.


Now that I am almost finished with this project, I hope I'll be back on blogging next week!

7 comments:

Pati Mc said...

Hi Mio!

It has been so long since I have talked to you, but I am still here and glad to see you posting again. I was wondering if things with you were going well.

Your piano music is beautiful and inspiring and I thank you for sharing it. I will be sure to follow you on You Tube.

The kimono is so lovely. Very beautiful. The culture of your country is incredibly fascinating. I appreciate that you teach us about it. You should be so proud of that.

Be well! Nice to hear from you.

Sammem said...

Whoa! Your an awesome piano player! I'm sure youtube will include you in their symphony.

Your kimona is beautiful! When I was younger I had a happi coat. I never got one, but my grandma has kimonos.

I love Anderson Cooper and AC360!

pebbles said...

Hi Mio! You really play the piano beautifully plus the kimono makes it perfect.

It's nice to hear from you again after a while that you've been busy. Of course, an Anderfan can never let go of AC. He will always be our common thing.

Molly said...

Wow, Mio, your fingers positively dance over the piano keys! And playing a whole piece without sheet music to refer to also! How long have you studied piano?

Your kimono is exquisite; do the different flowers and leaves at the bottom have any significance such as representing the changing seasons?

Good luck with your ambition to play at Carnegie Hall!

mio_bella said...

I'm so happy you tried watching my performance. I don't know if I could be a candidate to get a ticket to Carnegie Hall, but if I do, I will ask all of you to vote for me!

Pati,
I'm glad you're still here:) You've always given nice words on my piano video and I really appreciate it. I like introducing Japanese culture and when I do and people like it, I become even happier.

Sammem,
Welcome to this place! I feel kind of embarrased that I haven't been updating as frequently as I used to and this blog looks half-dead. I will try hard to keep on managing it!

Pebbles,
AC has been and will always be our common interest. Even when I don't blog, I am always watching 360!

Molly,
Fingers dancing over the piano keys! What a beautiful description! Thanks:)
I am amazed you noticed the changing seasons. I don't know if it has any significance. But if the pattern includes some flowers in different season, we can wear it all year round. I mean, if it only has cherry blossoms, we can wear it only in spring. The colorful flowers are imaginary ones. It is said to require high skills to make them and thus kimono with those flowers are considered good ones.

Pati Mc said...

Mio,

You certainly are good enough to qualify for Carnegie Hall! If you were not, I could not imagine who would be.

You totally have my vote. Please keep us posted on when and where we may vote for you.

I wish you all of the best luck in this endeavor. You do us all proud! Next stop Carnegie Hall! Oh, I hope that we may be able to come and see your performance when you win. :) I adore piano music.

mio_bella said...

Pati,
First, YouTube will choose 200 videos. (I guess hundreds or maybe thousands musicians have submitted their videos for the audition.) After that, they ask YouTube users to vote for their favorite. My chance of getting chosen might be slim but if I am, I will surely ask you to vote for me:)