Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!


I'm sure you all enjoy Anderson's New Year's Eve special tonight. Just before it turned 2009, they played Imagine, and I really love that. (As far as I remember, they played it last year, too. Maybe every year they play it?) Terrorism is associated with poverty and as more and more people are losing jobs and getting hungry and we are seeing terrorism even in developed countries too. I cannot help hoping for a better year.

In Japan, we send New Year's card to many friends, coworkers, or just to anyone they know. We post them around December 25 and post office keep them until January 1st. Then we get all the New Year's card on the morning of the 1st. Here's one of the card that I made for New Year's card.

Again, I wish all of you a very happy new year!

5 comments:

andyargentina said...

Dear Mio:
Best wishes to you, your family and all your readers for a Healthy, Safe and Peaceful NEW YEAR.
Take care
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family have a peaceful New Year,Mio.
I wish you all the best.
Please take care of yourself,ok.

Anne

pebbles said...

Hi Mio! I want to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year! I definitely enjoyed AC and Kathy, but I wish they also had Erica on the platform, and not just her interviewing people on the street. I enjoyed the laughs but it seems 2 hours of Kathy and her unpredictable ways is too much for me.

mio_bella said...

Thank you for comments from all around the world. The year 2008 was not a good year, both in general and for me. I hope it was the worst and that the year 2009 will only be better than the previous year for me. And of course, a very good year for everyone;)

mio_bella said...

Thank you for comments from all around the world. The year 2008 was not a good year, both in general and for me. I hope it was the worst and that the year 2009 will only be better than the previous year for me. And of course, a very good year for everyone;)