Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ivory

Something seems to be wrong with my PC these days and I cannot watch TV with my PC today. I quickly turned my eye on TV when 360 was broad casted (half a day ago) and they were talking about Oprah's having to lose weight not to be thin but to be strong and healthy. I wanted to see that segment, but podcast doesn't include that part. Every time I see report on obesity, I always say to myself that I'll lose my weight, which I never put into practice. Whether or not I see that segment, I know I wouldn't. What's the best way to lose weight? Maybe keeping sweets away within my eyesight must be one thing. Currently, I have a strong craving for chocolate, after having some potato chips at 1:00am.

I cannot wait to see Planet in Peril documentary. Today, they showed elephant hunting report. It is really disturbing. They are killed only for their tusks. They are made into gorgeous ornaments or accessories. But there is one thing product that I am really familiar with. Piano. Tusk is not used in my piano, fortunately (or unfortunately?). But white keys of nicer ones are covered with ivory. I often played such piano. It feels so smooth and absorbs sweat from finger, so it is so dry even after hours of practice. (Does this sound not clean? Actually the keys of old pianos are usually yellow or brown.) I admit I'd always loved ivory-covered piano. But since then, I was wondering how many elephant's tusks are needed to make pianos all over the word. I thought all those ivory was removed from dead elephants but maybe this is not true. I suddenly feel so guilty for my love for ivory keys. I might feel even more guilty if my family were rich enough to buy an expensive piano and I had one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the previous comments from the last post,and I agree.
Anderson Cooper fans are NOT all nice and wonderful,Mio.They can be very hurtful,and cruel.
They start out all nice and friendly,till they completely turn on you if you say something that does not suit them.Then they want nothing to do with you.Heaven forbid you are not one of the 'regulars'.Then it seems as if they get selected 'memory loss'or amnesia' at everything they ever told you and agreed with you about,and you told THEM,and they forget it all,conveniently.They are liars.
Then,make YOU out to be a raging lunatic,or the next thing to a stalker.

Well,it is THEY who need to look in a mirror,but of course,they will see nothing,except their warped view of it all,that THEY are the innocent ones,who do NO wrong,and THEY are not the crazy ones,YOU are!

Well,excuse me,but who are the ones who plan their 'hunting' excursions around tips to NYC-to see who?Anderson!
THAT IS NOT ME DOING ALL THAT,IT IS THEM!YET 'I' AM THE ONE WHO IS THE STALKER TYPE NUT??

I THINK NOT.
BUT OF COURSE,THEY SEE NOTHING,BUT THEMSELVES.
AS I SAID,THEY NEED TO LOOK IN A MIRROR,BEFORE SHOOTING OFF THEIR CRAP TO OTHERS,OR JUDGING OTHERS.
TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THEMSELVES,BEFORE ACCUSING OTHER PEOPLE OF WHAT THEY THEMSELVES ARE DOING!
THAT IS NOTHING MORE THAN PURE HYPOCRISY.

THAT LOT ARE THE ONES THAT ARE IN THEIR OWN LITTLE WORLD,NOT ME,AND IF THAT IS THE WAY THEY BEHAVE,I WANT NO PART OF THEIR HEARTLESSNESS,NOR THEIR 'HUNTING' TRIPS!

THEY ARE BLIND.THEY ARE HEARTLESS,AND NOT WORTH KNOWING OR WASTING TIME THINKING ABOUT.



They are not all nice,Mio.
Not nice at all,and not worth anyone's time,and Anderson does not deserve people like that who call themselves his 'fans and admirers',for if they were true fans,they would not be this way.

THEY SHOULD REALLY GO SEE ABOUT THAT ''MEMORY LOSS OF CONVENIENCE'' THAT THEY PICK UP ALL OF A SUDDEN.

I GAVE UP BEING UPSET BY THESE ''PEOPLE'',MIO,THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT,OR WASTING TIME GETTING UPSET OVER.

TO GET UPSET MEANS THAT THEY WOULD WIN OVER ME,AND I REFUSE TO LET THEM HAVE 'THAT' SATISFACTION.

AS I SAID,THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LIVE IN THEIR OWN LITTLE ANDER UNIVERSE OF ''REGULARS''.HOW DARE THEY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE ELSE,OR JUDGE ANYONE.WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?


THE TRUTH HURTS I SUPPOSE,BUT THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TRUTH IS.

Anonymous said...

Or maybe they just saw you for what you are.....a PSYCHO.

Seriously, who types in caps? Are you 12 or something? If Anderson fans are so horrible, why do you read blogs about him?

Get over yourself. It's time.

Anonymous said...

Anon - You are not upset, but you are ranting all in caps? Wow, loose cannon! It is apparent that these people have really gotten to you.

Mio- perhaps you should think twice about posting such irrational ranting comments.

This person is scaring off your other commenters. Scary stuff!