Sunday, May 25, 2008

Which guy is Larry King?

At the beginning, Anderson mentioned what he experienced that day. A little kid went up to him and said, "Hey, Larry King! How are you!" He said he is honored that he was taken for Great Larry King. He has a sense of humor and I love this!



I recently heard an interview with a computer programmer and he said that Internet is originally invented on assumption that all the users are nice, considerate people who won't use this as tools to harm others. Sadly, there are so many internet-related crimes. People are actually hurting people or even killing others. And it's a really sad thing.
I'm not saying that I am blaming people who buy drugs online, but this idea sounds so dangerous. Even though you see a doctor's name on it, and it is prescribed by a doctor, I wouldn't take pills that I don't really know of.


By the way, I bought TIME a few weeks ago and found this article!
Jeff Han
By John King

By Jeff Han's description, he was "one of those troublemaker kids." Five years ahead in math learning levels. A soldering iron in hand at age 6. Taking things apart to see how they worked. Even putting some of them back together.
Han, 32, was an obscure New York University computer-science researcher two years ago when he made a presentation introducing the concept of multi-touch sensing screens. Now his work is coveted by clients ranging from the CIA to CNN, all of which realize that the era of the single-touch screen (think ATMs) is over and the multi-touch screen (imagine a piano keyboard on a screen) is upon us.

My fingers are part of that new world. Tune in to CNN on any major election night as I navigate the ever-changing map that the folks at CNN call the Magic Wall. CNN owns one map, with a second on the way. The intelligence and military communities use the technology, and Han says new educational, medical and creative applications are in the works.

"Multi-touch-sensing was designed to allow nontechies to do masterful things while allowing power users to be even more virtuosic," Han says. Count me in the nontechie column. Count me too as someone who believes Han has done more than start a great business; he has also dramatically changed the way we interact with our computers.
King is CNN's chief national correspondent and its former senior White House correspondent


Now John King is known for "his" magic map and he is so thankful Mr. Hann invented that map.

I wrote that I "bought" TIME. And I can find most of what I wanted to read online. I knew that. But sometimes I need printed media even though TIME is so expensive in Japan. In the U.S., it costs $4.95 and here 1300yen, which is equivalent to $13!

8 comments:

pebbles said...

Hi Mio! I love it when Ac and LK have their exchanges. They're like father and son LOL! By the way Mio, I know I have the picture of AC reading I'll try to find it and send it to you if you want, what's your email address?
And also, it was kind of a sad weekend for me, my beloved dog passed away last Saturday. I took care of him for 11 years, he's just like a son to me. So I've been crying this past 2 days. Even if I was prepared for that eventuality (he's quite old for a dog) it still hurts when he goes, I miss him so much.

Judy said...

Hi Mio,
its so funny that this kid had Anderson and Larry King mixed up, maybe he needs some glasses....
I'm surprised that TIME is so expensive in Japan. Most US Magazins are expensive in Germany too, but TIME is the only one that has the exact same price. Very strange.

@pebbles: My condolences to the loss of your dog. I know how hard it is to loose your beloved pet that lived with you for so many years. When my dog died after 12 years with me I could not even speak to people for days. I hope you feel better soon.

pebbles said...

Hi Mio! I saw your email address in your profile and sent you the pic of Andy reading I know you're looking for it so, enjoy!

mio_bella said...

Pebbles,

Thank you fot the comment and the photo you sent to me! I guess so many of us have so many Anderson's photos in your PC, cellphones, ipod and so on!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I have a dog and I love her so much. And she terribly loves me. When she was a puppy, I was thinking that she would be healthy for a little more than 10 years. Now she is 7 years old. Just imagining losing my dog makes me cry.

My boy friend recently lost his dog, too. He used to live with her, but at a certain point, he couldn't take care of her any more and he asked his brother to live with her. He didn't see her for more than a year. His brother didn't tell him that she passed away because he would be so sad. After half a year, he learned that his dog had died. All he remembers is days with a young, beautiful, smart dog.


Judy,

Maybe it costs a lot for an American magazine to fly all the way to Japan. Other magazines are incredibly expensive too. $14 for DISCOVERY, $9 for Readers' Digest... and so on.

You are from Germany and I recently tried some German chocolate; Storz! I know that chocolate but I didn'T know they are from German. They are SOOO cute and SOOOO sweet! Are they popular in your country?

Anonymous said...

What great Anderson stories you share. I have my story about what would Anderson Cooper do? It is on my blog at www.travelwithoastler.com

pebbles said...

Thanks Mio and Judy, I'm feeling better now. I don't think I'll be getting another dog. I don't want to feel this way ever again, it hurts so much. I have him buried in our garden so I can visit and talk to him anytime I want to. I put up his picture, and placed ceramic dog decors on top of his grave and outlined it with colored stones. I guess this is just my way to deal with it. It just makes me feel that he's there and he's still with me.

By the way Mio, your welcome! Anytime you need any of Andy's pictures, I have lots of it. Just ask for it.

Judy said...

@Mio: I don't know any chocolate with that name storz. There is a company named Stork, but the make have different types of chocolate and other foods, each with different brand names. But we do have quite a few good chocolate brands and all very popular. I personally prefer the darker, not so sweet types.

@pebbles: I used to feel the same way after Dixie passed away, but after a while I realized that I need a dog in the house. It just feels more "home" if someone is jumping up and down behind the door when I come home or snoring behind the sofa while I try to watch a movie.
Maybe you change your mind after a couple of month/years.

mio_bella said...

Pebbles,
I've been always thinking that I'd get another dog as soon as my dog passes away because it would be the only thing that could alleviate my pain. But as you say, you'd experience the same thing again...

Judy,
Me too! I love dark, bitter chocolate. Storz chocolates are so sweet and sometimes, so huge! When I eat one, it will "burn" my throat with too much sugar. Still, kids, I mean my students, love them. I like buying and giving something cute. Here's the link to the chocolate company.
http://www.storz-schokolade.de/en/produkte.htm