Monday, April 14, 2008

Long time No Anderson!

Hi, Anderson! Long time no see!

I missed a few minutes at the beginning of the show. Anderson was not ahcnoring from NY studio and it doesn't seem he was in LA either. Did he or Larry King tell where he was?

I was surprised to see them reporting on that polygamy again and again, and that was breaking news! As Anderson said, how long do they have to cover the story about them? That group seems so weird to me, but they have a strong belief and faith and we cannot change their thought easily and we don't have a right to do that, which makes it difficult to deal with religion-related problems and crimes. Japanese people, in general, are not a religious people but we do have some cult groups and they sometimes cause problems.

Oh! The caption disappeared!

I made it!

The caption is so annoying to me. I trid to read it to find out if it is convenienet for me. No. They appear too late. When I was listening to what they were talking, I never had a chance to read what they had said 10 seconds or so before.

------------------------------------------------------------------

MoMA

I love MoMA. This is one of my favorite museums and this was my third visit.

First time I went there, it was under construction and I got to see only a part of the building and a few (still many) pictures and other exhibition. My favorite painting was not there.


The second time, and that was last year, I didn't have enough time. So I went there on Friday evening so I could enter for free. I rushed to my favorite pictures and a half an hour later, I rushed to Guggenheim.
I finally spent a few hours in this building. I LOVE being in this building!
So spacious, modern, fashionable, and bright. I feel so refleshed just to be there.


Starry Night

This is the one I like! It is called "Starry Night" but actually Gogh described what he saw very early in the morning.

Dance

I love this too! They have a lot of Matisse paitings. Each of them is so nice but I love this the best!

I not only love this picture but how they exhibit is also great. It seems to me that they even designed staircase just to show this painting.

WaterliliesI love sitting and relaxing in front of this picture. This is a huge picture and so beautiful. Monet described air, light on the surface of the water, and inside the pond. We can tell the depth of the pond, cannot we?

Speaking of Monet, I have once visited Musee de l'Orangerie in France. I remember seeing even bigger pictures of waterlilies in the basement of the museum. It was a small room and we can see huge waterlilies on each wall. I love that place, too.

After seeing around the museum, I went to cafe to have lunch. I knew everything would be expensive in the museum. I knew it would cost a lot to eat at a cafe in the museum.

But I didn't expect just panini and a coffee would cost $20!

6 comments:

mio_bella said...

Sorry for the late posting!

I started blogging during the show yesterday and couldn't complete it. I left home right after the show and when I came back, I was exhausted and couldn't even turn on PC. Since all the pictures were posted already, I just wanted to write something. Yeah, this post appeared just now.

Anonymous said...

Anderson was in Miami last night. He spoke at the University of Miami earlier in the evening

mio_bella said...

Thanks for the info, anonymous person. I actually didn't even check out 360 blog. That was what I used to do first thing in the morning and I simply forgot about my daily routine.

Anonymous said...

mio_bella,

do you have access to a bookseller with American magazines? Outside magazine has a lovely cover article about your buddy AC. Would you like me to send you a copy?

Sandyeggo

Judy said...

Hi Mio
the pictures are beautiful. Starry night is one of my favorite paintings. The blog "freakspeaker" has the scans of Andersons Outside magazin interview.

mio_bella said...

Sandyeggo,
Thanks for the magazine info. I searched the internet for the magazine distributer, but it seems we have no access for the magazine. I would be grateful if you could send me a copy.

Judy,
I'm glad you like the pictures. I even bought a poster of Starry Night.
I haven't checked out Anderinfo recently. Thanks for telling me about Freakspeaker. I haven't visited there for over a month. I'm so glad they started blogging again. I love that site!