Thursday, February 28, 2008

L'isle Joyeuse

If you are a constant visitor to this blog, you might know one of my hobbies. Playing the piano, vodeotaping me play the piano, and upload it on YouTube. However, I played the piano for the first time in two or three months. I know I should practice the music enough before videotape it, but I know that the next time I'll play would be another month away. I am 50% satisfied with my performance but I uploaded them anyway. I wish I could say "Enjoy" but watching and listening to this music might be like a torture!

This music is called "L'isle Joyeuse" and it was composed by Debussy. He was inspired to write this music when he saw a painting named "Pilgrimage to Cythera." While listening, imagine you are traveling to a beautiful island. Debussy described with notes what it is like to be on a boat.

Awful music starts here.







3 comments:

copperfish said...

Mio, BRAVO!!!!! You're very good in playing the piano. When idle I try to play at my portable electronic keyboard but my fingers are stiff with the keys. I'm trying to learn 'Broken Vow' and hopefully with some more patience and perseverance I can already play it without the music piece.

mio_bella said...

Thanks, copperfish!
I thought I could play better than that. When I was a student, I tried to and was expected to play perfectly. Now I am just playing for fun. It's OK to make mistakes from time to time.
Broken Vow is a nice song. It would be nicer if I could sing along with the piano. But unfortunately, I'm not a good singer.

copperfish said...

Whaat?? You still consider yourself not good, I wonder if you see me playing you're gonna laugh at me. How I wish to have at least an inch of your talent!