Friday, February 29, 2008

Galahs and Drongos

We saw a lot of Ander-smiles today didn't we?

He noticed some words that were unfamliar to American people? To me, that happens all the times.








Michael just smiled instead of telling him the meanings of the words he mentioned.









Anderson counted on viewers on Live Blog. He was really keen on finding out the meanings of those Australian slungs, and I found him really cute!








Wasn't this the first time we saw a segment from the show for The Shot!? They edited the video and prepare the script so fast. They didn't a really good job!
Here're the descriptions of the Australian slungs. I copied them from 360 blog.
-galah : a type of bird, slang for idiot, as in “you guys are acting like a mob of galahs”
-drongo: also a bird, also slang for idiot, as in “don’t be such a bloody drongo”
Hmm, I'm not so sure if I have a chance to use those words.



After he was reporting a story about the prince serving his duty in Afghanistan, Anderson told about the situations there. He really respects people fighting in Afghanistan and he wants us never to forget about the war there. This is one of the reasons I love this journalist!

3 comments:

anne said...

Thanks for all those Ander smile screencaps,Mio!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mio, One thing I noticed about anderson last few nights i watch his show, he's a snappy dresser. I wear suits and ties all the time and I wonder where he shops for clothes. Anyways...Did you happen to see the new york philharmonic in north korea? It was on tv last night here and it was really good. I feel so bad for those people. They are so isolated from the outside world. I hope the visit will help them see that the western world is friendly and not monsters. P.S. I saw your youtube performance. And all I can say is I'm very impressed. You are multi-talented girl! I always wished I could play. The piano is my favorite. Nice Job! -David

mio_bella said...

Anne,
Thank you for your constant encouragement!

David,
I've always been wondering if he has a good dresser or not. It is said that Anderson cannot care about clothes less. But he always looks so nice. Just because he looks so gorgeous? Or he cares about what he wears? As you find him a snappy dresser, he does have a good sense of fashion.
I only saw a little big of NY philharmonic playing in NK. I was moved when they played a Korean traditional music at the end of the show.
I'm glad you liked my piano video. I wish I could teach you how to play it, but sadly, I live too far away.