Monday, September 03, 2007

AnderAddiction Party

Over the weekend, I went to Tokyo. As you can imagine, it is a really exciting city. Living in a rural area, I sometimes have a craving for urban air.




View from the hotel I stayed at.





One of the reasons I went there is to meet AnderCrazy people I've made friends with via some AnderBlogs. In my daily life, I do not have any friends with whom I can talk about Anderson, who let me talk about Anderson for more than 10 minutes, who know how wonderful Anderson is and who know Anderson in the first place!

I met two crazy people on Saturday, and three on Sunday. Each party lasted about 3 hours, so 6 hours of AnderCelebration! We can talk about Anderson forever! A few weeks ago, I was talking about AnderAddiction Party International, which would be held in Canada, where Anne lives. This must be held someday in the near future!

By the way, before I left my home for Tokyo, I'd left a comment on 360 blog. My comment did not appear on the spot as usual. One of the atendees said that she'd left hers for the same article. After we said good-bye to each other, I found our comments there. Comments from Japan two times in a row! That's so funny! (AC360Blog)

-------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing I did after I came back home was watching Thursday's & Friday's show. Hmm, Anderson was on for only one minute!


--------------------------------------------------------------
During my busy work period, I was so glad they have been airing the same thing for the 2nd show. Now, my schedule is going back to basic, I have more free time and I read this.

Pebbles wrote;
I just read that AC 360 will be back to 2 hours after Labor day. Glad to know that, I'm getting tired of their replays.
Perfect timing for me! I'll be able to indulge myself in live Andy for 2 hours again!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I got this information a little while ago, but I found it on Turner Press Room now. I guess you've already check this out but just in case.
CNN’s Anderson Cooper Investigates Afghan Drug Trade, Political Challenges

CNN: Special Investigations Unit – Narco State: The Poppy Jihad Premieres Saturday, Sept. 8, at 8 p.m. (ET)

Six years after the Sept. 11 attacks, CNN’s Anderson Cooper investigates the world’s largest producer of opium – Afghanistan. Despite the millions of American dollars spent on eradication, poppy cultivation in Afghanistan remains out of control with the heroin produced from the opium finding its way to the streets of America and Western Europe.
After a three-month investigation, CNN: Special Investigations Unit – Narco State: The Poppy Jihad uncovers how opium became 46 percent of Afghanistan’s gross domestic product, and what the United States is doing to stop the drug trade and interrupt its links to organized terrorism. Narco State premieres on Saturday, Sept. 8, and Sunday, Sept. 9, at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. All times Eastern.
The documentary reveals that Afghan farmers do not earn much for their crop, but it is more than they can earn growing anything else.
“They [poppies] bring eight times the price of wheat, even though the soaring rate of cultivation means that traffickers will pay less money for the crop this year than last,” Cooper says.
Afghanistan is one of the poorest nations on earth, providing almost no financial support for farmers. Hundreds of millions of dollars from the sale of opium help fund the Taliban and possibly al Qaeda. Afghan government and NATO forces have been reluctant to cultivate enemies among the farmers by interfering with poppy growing. As the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency destroys a poppy crop, a farmer protests: “You have destroyed my crops. I will have no harvest. How will I pay back my loan? What will I eat?”
Cooper points out how the loan likely came from drug lords who may demand one of his daughters for repayment.
International support for developing other institutions and loan programs for farmers has been nearly nonexistent despite the offer of some promises. A U.S. counter-narcotics expert confirms that farmers no longer trust the United States and other governments to help them convert to legitimate agriculture.
Narco State – The Poppy Jihad features interviews with CNN terrorism and Afghanistan expert Peter Bergen, British terrorism journalist Peter Jouvenal, U.S. and Afghan counter-narcotics agents, U.S. intelligence agency officials, and Afghan tribal leaders, drug mules and farmers. The program and Cooper traces the web of links between the drug trade and the resurgence of the Taliban and al Qaeda in Afghanistan.
“Anyone who wants to remember 9/11 should be very concerned about what’s happening in Afghanistan right now,” says Norine MacDonald, a U.S. counter-narcotics expert.
Narco State – The Poppy Jihad is produced by Towers Productions for CNN Productions. Tresha Mabile was producer, Rachel Milton was co-producer, Jeff Martin was supervising producer and Jonathan Towers was executive producer. Mark Nelson is the vice president and senior executive producer for CNN Productions and Jody Gottlieb is executive director and executive producer.
CNN Worldwide, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner Company, is the most trusted source for news and information. Its reach extends to nine cable and satellite television networks; one private place-based network; two radio networks; wireless devices around the world; CNN Digital Network, the No. 1 network of news Web sites in the United States; CNN Newsource, the world’s most extensively syndicated news service; and strategic international partnerships within both television and the digital media.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Mio-Hope you had a great time meeting new people and talking about Anderson. Sounds like a good topic to me.

The view from your hotel was pretty.

I hope we are near the end of our Ander drought, cause I sure have missed that man.

mio_bella said...

Jan,
I admit I did not suffer from Anderdrought this time again as I was pretty busy last week. You are having more AnderTime this week, with 2-hour live AC360 and SIU on the weekend! Here in Japan, they are not going to air that program this weekend but SIU on Children of the Storm. I hope they'll change their plan.

Jan said...

Mio--we only got an hour of Anderson tonight, but hey I was pleasantly surprised that he was even on since it is a holiday here in the US. Maybe tomorrow night will start the beginning of two hours.

I hope they change so you get Anderson's special. I will be gone next weekend, but I will definatley be taping it.

Délie said...

Mio,

Nice pic from Tokyo!
Concerning SIU on CNN Intl, I was glad to see the SIU: Growing up Diana and I will watch Children of the Storm. They are probably aired because on their anniversary dates topics. Maybe they think that Narco State is less an international issue... I'm about to send another e-mail to CNN Int. Just saying it's great to see at SIU and it would be good to keep this schedule.

anne carter said...

HI Mio,
we need to have an Ander Addiction party-wish we could all get together,what better fun than to talk about our Anderson!!!
Hope you had a good time in Tokyo-beautiful view!!
I hope 360 is going back to 2 hours again,and they get rid of those reruns!
Have you all seen the PIP trailer?It is amazing,and I cannot wait to see the entire program-do any of you know the name of the song they play in the introduction of the PIP trailer?It is so beautiful!

mio_bella said...

Sorry I'm late for replying to you all!

Jan,
I too was so surprised to see Anderson. To me, Anderson's appearance was even more surprising than Bush visiting Iraq.

Delie,
I love visiting Tokyo and whenever I go there, I am amazed by its modern transportation system and huge and fashionable buildings. You should visit there some day. I can show you around!

I hope both of us will be able to see Anderson's SIU soon.

Anne,
Yeah, it was really fun "talking" (not blogging, not writing) about our Andy! I hope I can have another party with all of you here!

I did watch PIP trailer and like it a lot. I don't know the name of the song but it is Enya's singing, isn't it?