Friday, August 17, 2007

Camping...?

I thought we would go camping but it was not correct. We went to a nice Japanese inn and had a nice dinner and enjoy soaking in a bath.


Dining Room













FISH!  So Gross!









Lobster
Crab
Turban Shell
(they are hidden under the leaf!)











What do you think this is?
It's ....
HORSE!






















Beautifully Decodated Sake











hallway













The place to warm yourself up. In the middle of the room, there is a fire place. Can you see the stump? In winter, they burn that and get heat from it. We rarely see this kind of fireplace now.





bath
The water is not from hot spring, but natural water from mountain river. It contains a lot of mineral, which makes our body clean and beautiful.





Wooden made bathrub


We never see a bath room covered with tatami mat!






mio in yukata. Yukata is a kind of pajama which you wear after you take a bath. We rarely see it recently, though.








6 comments:

Jan said...

Mio--thanks for sharing your "camping" pictures. This looked like a beautiful place and I hope you had a good time.

Délie said...

Wow! Such a beautiful and quiet place! Thanks for sharing.

mio_bella said...

Not at all AnderRelated, but I'm glad you enjoyed those pictures :)

anne carter said...

That is a really beautiful place,Mio,and I hope you enjoyed your time there!

ME Ellee said...

Hi Mio,
I really liked sharing via photos your incredible "camping" experience. This is MY kind of camping. I enjoyed seeing these pics of the food, although I'm not sure about the horse. You take such fabulous pics. They are so interesting. Thanks again
Ellee

mio_bella said...

Ellee,
Thanks for your comment.
The inn where I stayed is secluded and even for me, it looked kind of exotic. So I thought you might find them interesting.

Can you imagine eating a horse...? It was good!