Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Words

Crunk, crunk, crunk. What's crunk? I checked that out in Merriam Webster.
a style of Southern rap music featuring repetitive chants and rapid dance rhythms
Hmm, now I know why he repeated this crunk word so many times.

Speaking of a new word, one of the new words included is "sudoku." When I went to the States, I was asked what it means and I failed to give her a decent answer. Here's the definition by MW.
Japanese sūdoku, short for sūji wa dokushin ni kagiru "the numerals must remain single" (i.e., the digits can occur only once)
Date: 2004
: a puzzle in which several numbers are to be filled into a 9x9 grid of squares so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains the numbers 1 through 9
I hope I'll be able to answer this question next time.

Let me introduce another Japanese word that I often use and that I believe people overseas will be using anytime soon. (Actually, I heard it is being used in France already and Delie knows this!)
KAWAII
This means "cute." But not just that. Sweet & attractive enough to melt us. I don't think this is the right word to describe a 40-year-old man, but I shouted ,"KAWAII" dozens of times during the show today.

Do you want to see KAWAII Anderson moments?
Why not!?






KAWAII?

KAWAII!

KAWAII!!

KAWAIII!!


Now, everybody, SHOUT!

KAWAIIIII~!!


By the way, did you check out this video? Anderson is sooo KAWAII without makeup! I want to touch his cheeks!

11 comments:

anne carter said...

"Sweet and attractive enough to melt us"-perfect description of our Andy-oh,those screencaps caused
my heart to skip a beat-he really is KAWAII!

Delie said...

Kawaii is my favorite Japanese word! Eh, I heard you!!! No, it's not the only Japanese word I know! No! :-) But "Kawaii" makes nice sounds. I love the description and it fits so well Anderson!

mio_bella said...

Anne,
I am always wondering what adjective I should use to describe our man. I need to use every nice word I can think of and "KAWAII" is one of them and I use it a lot!

Delie,
Could you tell me some nice French words to describe Andy? I'll use them for my next post!

Soupy Twist said...

I use kawaii quite a bit and so does my friends. There have been at times where I have shouted Kawaii when ever I looked at hi picture or when he has his finger resting on his top lip in a sort of pensive state. (Oh how I love that!)

I also like to think of "mi bombón canoso" (gray haired cutie) as "muy caliente" and just plain "guapo."

Pati Mc said...

Hey Mio,

Here is a French word for Anderson...Magnifique!or perhaps, Tres Jolie! But Delie will know better. :)

Maybe he would not like to be called "pretty" but he surely is.

If I had to think of one word to describe Anderson - this is the only one I kept saying over and over after Atlanta. PRECIOUS!

I love kawaii - I have never heard that word before. It suits him - perfectly.

Delie said...

@Soupy Twist:
Muy caliente and guapo ! I like these words. I often say muy caliente when I see someone who deserves it! And Anderson does!

Some French for Mademoiselle Mio:
Anderson Cooper est très beau (is very handsome), magnifique (gorgeous, astonishing), séduisant (alluring, attractive), charmant (charming), merveilleux (wonderful, ravishing). Son sourire est fascinant (his smile is captivating), ses yeus bleus sont ensorcelants (his blue eyes are bewitching) et ses mains...sensuelles (and his hands... sensual)! Sorry, you know, his hands... Oops, I'm "straying".
And of course, il est intelligent (he is clever/smart), spirituel (witty) et drôle (and funny/facetious).

Ok, that's all! The French lesson is over!

mio_bella said...

Soupy Twist
You know a lot of French words! I like "mi bombón canoso." Just in case, I went to Google Translate and type in those words. I tryied translating them into English. What popped up was... "mi bombón canoso." Do English speakers understand what that means? Then I went to online French-English Dictionary and I couldn't find any of words... That's weird.

Pati
How is your French class going? To me, learning English is overwhelming enough and I have no room for another language!

Delie
Wow!! Your French lesson is above me!! I cannot memorize more than one thing at a time... Maybe "mi bombon canoso" (I don't know how to pronounce this, though.) is enough for today. Maybe for tomorrow's show, I'll use one of them.

Délie said...

Sorry, Mio! Soupy Twist's words are Spanish not French...

Sorry bis: I could never pick just one French word to describe Anderson... He is "too much of everything". Or I express it with a sigh!

Soupy Twist said...

Sorry, I forgot to indicate that they were in Spanish.

mio_bella said...

Oh, I can learn French from Delie, and Spanish from ST!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,Delie.Merci pour le mot ''ensorcelant'',c'est nouveau pour moi.
(thanks for the word ''ensorcelant,it's new to me '',er,u must forgive me my francais)

Actually,I hold a certain Mr Cooper at leat partly respo
sible for my lack of progress in French(and I'm NOT even going to say anything about my rubbish German)..:))

Thanks once again,Mio,for your ''site magnifique''!


Chelo