Saturday, June 16, 2007

Not enough to slake this Ander-thirst...


I've been terribly missing Anderson, but at the same time, I've been pretty busy. No time wasted on AnderAddiction, which is good for me.
As I am not an American citizen, I am not so much concerned about American issues in the special edition, Keeping them Honest. But I do care about suspect products from China.
I recently heard that some restaurants in China are using waste oil. Chinese food requires a lot of oil, and they want to cut the cost of it. They add certain chemicals not to look filthy and use them again and again.

What an awful thought that this oil may be used for your dish!
What are some Chinese people doing? They bring their oil with them and ask cooks to use it for their foods. They don't trust their own restaurant.

There may be a viewer from China. I'll appologize this nasty comment if you are offended, and I also want to ask you if this is really happening there. Thank you in advance.


Also check out AnderCandor.

p.s. Sorry, I haven't replied to your comments for the previous posts. I'll definitely write to you back. I am too sleepy to continue any more.

Have a good time!

2 comments:

anne carter said...

Hi Mio,
my goodness,that sounds really dangerous-it could cause food poisoning.It is terrible to have to bring oil with you if you go out to eat.What about health inspectors?Do they go to these restaurants,and report them to authorities?
I wish Anderson was back-it's been
a long week without him!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend,Mio.

mio_bella said...

During Anderwithdrawal, I was watching the Mole. This is really nice way to satisfy my craving! I'll post some pictures from the Mole!