Sunday, March 18, 2007

International Viewers

As an international viewer, what I saw might be slightly different from what most of you watch. I forgot to write about one thing.

On Friday's show, AC360 was interrupted again. This time, they did not black it out, but they replace some report from CNN international. Later I learned from Transcript that the segment we missed was about Iraq; a session with John Roberts. Did that report violate copyright law? Why did they have to replace that segment?

I see many visitors from many countries. I really want to welcome you all and I want to ask you this. Did you see John Roberts for Friday's show? Was it interrupted?

I hope to read your reply!


p.s. I often say that I'm not a native English speaker. I've never lived abroad, but in Japan all through my life. (I'm making excuses for what I've done...) I posted a comment for AC360 Blog. I saw my comment posted but I made a really silly grammatical mistake that I had never made! How embarrassing!!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Mio-The John Roberts piece was not blacked out in the US. It was a clip from the Special Investigation Unit report that is on this weekend on CNN. That is strange that the blacked it out over seas.

I saw your post on AC blog. I thought it was really good.

Delie said...

Mio,

I got the same interruption friday. I was really upset about that. I have only one hour of this program. So, if now, they decide to cut this only hour with 10 minutes of headlines, it would be an awful idea! I thought CNN Japan has a different schedule than CNN International. Did you have the second hour? And it was not breaking news!
I hope it won't happen again. And I really hope to have exceptionally the 2 hours next week. "Planet in peril" is a special program, it deserves an exceptional broadcast. But the European schedule is the same for the Asian one. Imagine that some stories, somes pieces of next week are "upsetting" for some Asian governments, do you think they could censore them on CNN International? Oops, such a terrible thought!

Your post on AC 360 was great Mio. I wish I could speak English like you.

Pati Mc said...

Hi Mio,

I saw your post on AC360 and LOVED it, especially how you put the ASK, BELIEVE, RECEIVE in there. How cute and smart of you!

I posted and they usually always post what I send, but this time they did not :( All I can think of is that right after I posted a comment, they took Anderson's blog off. I hope I was not the one who broke Anderson! Oh dear!

I saw the John Roberts piece as well. I think you all outside of the US get a different deal with CNN than we have here. That is dumb! You need your FULL dose of Anderson too! He needs to be more cognizant of his international fans. We will just have to give him a talking to on your and Delie's behalf. :)

Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mio! Yup, I experienced the same interruption you had. I was wondering why they did that it wasn't even breaking news it was just a recap of the news they reported on before LKL and AC 360 started. I don't think they were censoring it or anything for international viewers (I mean, why would they?) I was just thinking maybe they had technical difficulties that time. This is just my guess.

Pebbles

mio_bella said...

@Jan
I don't think I really want to know about the special unit, but I need to see Anderson! It's really disappointing to see a femal anchor, I don't even remember her name, during AC360 slot.

@Delie
I'm sorry you are deprived of 10 minutes of your precious Anderson period. I could see the whole 2-hour show except Iraq segment.

@Pati
It usually takes a lot of time before our comments appear on AC360 blog. Let's wait and see!

@Pebbles
You suffered from the interruption, too! This time, we all share the frustration of Anderless AC360. Anderson is reporting live from Southeast Asia. I hope you'll able to enjoy the show a lot more!