Thursday, January 18, 2007

What are little girls made of?

A few weeks ago, in my English school, I introduced some of the Mother Goose rhymes. I said,
"Most of the native speakers know phrases from Mother Goose, so it is worth reading. You might read or hear in newspapers, movies and TV."
At that time, I couldn't give them any examples, but now I can!

What Are Little Boys Made Of?

Are Little Boys Made of?
What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails,
And puppy-dogs' tails;
That's what little boys are made of.

What are little girls made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice,
and all that's nice;
That's what little girls are made of.

In today's show, I learned that girls are no longer made of something very nice. As girls are gaining more power socially and physically, they are becoming more violent. I want people not to be obsessed about the traditional ideas about gender roles, like girls should act like this, and boy like that. But we should at least keep good parts of traditional ideas.

When Larry King passed the program to Anderson, he introduced Anderson like this;
"Speaking of the most successful people, we go to New York and Anderson Cooper 360."
Anderson's bashful smile was so cute! (Not bashful? Confident?)


He's got his hair cut? So sleek!

There was a lot of cute moments in today's show.


I like Anderson lay his fingers on his lips.


After Randi Kay's survey, he asked some questions, and "I" was glad,too. He seemed startled and didn't know how to react to the answer. Here's my English problem again. How would you describe this embarrassed, bashful, startled smile? What is the right word? Anyway, no matter how to say in English, he looked really cute.

Which side of Anderson's face do you like?

Anderson from left side.

Anderson from right side.


Hmm, I like his face from the left side although he looks sexy from 360-view.

6 comments:

Delie said...

I prefer the left side too but I completely agree with you: he looks sexy from 360-view :-)! The Randi Kay's survey was...interesting! I liked to see him a little embarrassed and the way he played with his pen. Kawaii or not kawaii?

Jan said...

I think the smile was a little of both, embarrassed and shy. I think he was really nervous the way he played with that pen. It was to cute, and really sexy. ha

mio_bella said...

Yeah! You two are right! I should have posted the picture of that moment. That was even cuter. Maybe, I will post that moment on YouTube later!

Anonymous said...

Yes, please post it on You Tube......I'm dying to see it! Thanks.

mio_bella said...

Thank you, anonymous person.

I just uploaded the one!
Again, the quality is not good, but I hope you'll enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN52mxqLXgY

And I uploaded the "kawaii" Anderson from Thursday show. Strictly speaking, before the show started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN52mxqLXgY

Delie said...

Oh too cute, Anderson !

Thanks for the video,Mio!