Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Trans fat

I am getting more and more addicted to this program. Thanks to Anderson, I am getting more aware of and interested in world news. In Japan, all the programs that we can see during New Year's holiday season are too silly once you get hooked on CNN.I will not miss any single AC360 this year!

The more AC appears, the more worried about him. Why don't you take a rest?


In the 360 Bulletin, I heard about Starbucks cutting trans fat from all of their products. Recently, I went to COSTCO and got lots of pies, cookies and pretzels, on all of the package of which they say 'TRANS FAT FREE.' At that time, I thought that this kind of fat is considered bad for health. So what? I have never heard about this fat in Japan. After seeing the short report from Randy, I looked it up in Wikipedia. (Trans Fat)

Gee! They are pretty strict about cutting this fat in other countries! Now I'm glad that I bought huge piles of sweets without trans fat and that my favorite coffee chain has decided to offer coffee and confectionery without it.

3 comments:

Delie said...

Hey Mio Bella,
I haven't seen the piece about the Trans Fat (always this stupid and so weird European CNN's schedule). But I read the transcript. I never bothered about trans fat in French products. Maybe I should...
And yes, Anderson should take some rest. Maybe he thinks his fans are too "weak" and need him! Please, Anderson, believe me, we could survive a few days without you :-)!

AndysGirl said...

Hey Delie - shhhh, I've been watching Anderson for a long time and have experienced his vacations. We can't survive! So please don't encourage him to take off.

He's strong, he can take it!

mio_bella said...

Welcome, Andysgirl!
I know how devastating it is to see John King or John Roberts instead of Anderson. But he deserves to have some time off. But this time, he has been on duty for quite a long time. On the other hand, however,  I am really afraid he might take a very long vacation after such an intensive period. I have a sort of mixed feeling.